GUEST EXPERIENCE ASSOCIATE
Reports to: Director of Guest Experience
Work Locations: Queens, New York
The Guest Experience Associate helps to ensure the successful operations of the historic house tour and the overall museum experience. They are responsible for working with the Director of Guest Experience, Museum Store Manager and other LAHM staff to help meet and exceed the annual revenue goals for the tour and to promote a positive experience for all visitors. The Guest Experience Associate’s responsibilities include:
- Conducting tours of the historic home and exhibitions
- Helping to conceive and implement unique tour experiences in-person and online
- Helping to ensure the financial viability of tour operations
- Reception, box office and greeting guests
- Helping to recruit and support volunteer docents
- Producing and analyzing visitor data reports
- Museum store support
- Supporting the program and events of the museum
We are looking for someone who is collaborative, innovative, and personable. Ideal qualifications include:
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Willingness to take initiative and able to work independently as well as with a team
- Knowledge of jazz, civil rights, and Louis Armstrong as an American and African-American icon.
- Strong office and computer skills.
Hours: 24 hours per week (Part time) with the potential to become full time. Thursday – Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Accommodating to weekend and evening events as needed
Compensation: $18/hour. LAHM provides a comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Guest Experience Associate”